Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kindergarten Tomorrow :'(

Little did I know that when my little girl was born....



how fast 5 years would fly by....



Tomorrow marks my baby girl's first day of Kindergarten. I have the day off of work to attend her first day (of orientation) with her. Then, Thursday, it's getting on and off the bus herself, carrying her lunch tray, going to gym class, music, art, and even Spanish! She has been in a school like setting since she was 15 months old and does great with it, but everything will be new to her in Kindergarten...new teacher, new school, new friends, etc. She has been having separation issues with me lately, so I am really hoping that she will be okay and won't freak out. :( I know that all kids do it and that she will be fine, but it's just a big step, ya know?

I'm really hoping that she will have at least one of her little friends from her "old school" in her class so that she won't feel totally out of place. There are eight Kindergarten classes this year!

A few weeks ago, she said, "Mommy, how will I know where my locker is?" That is her watching too much ICarly! :)

Brady told Anabelle tonight, "Anabelle, I will miss you in Kindergarten. Will you miss me in Pre-School?" Awwwwwwwwwww :( This will be the first time that these two will be separated all day. Up until now, they played everyday at "school" together, and sometimes when one would get hurt, their teacher would bring them to see the other to make him/her feel better.

Anabelle's School Supplies List
-1 box of small crayons
-1 pair of fiscar scissors
-2 bottles of glue
-1 set of watercolors
-1 set thick Washable markers
-1 set thin Washable markers
-1 box dry erase markers
-1 plain 3 clasp pocket folder
-1 Pe shirt
-1 pair Velcro shoes for PE class
-1 paint shirt
-Rest Mat
-Headphones

While we were on vacation, I took her shopping to the outlet mall and bought her some really cute clothes, and just this past Sunday, I took her shopping for her lunch bag and bookbag. She will be stylin! :)

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Anabelle will do fine...:) It's just a "bigger step" for mommy...:(
Hope you had a great first day of kindergarten Anabelle.....I love you sooooooooooo much!!!!!!
grammie sends you lots of kisses and hugs...xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxox

P.S. Brady...love you sooooo much too....xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

The Mrs. said...

It's crazy how fast the last five years have gone, isn't it? Takes me back to the day you & Jason stopped by our house with Annabelle right after we had McKenna. That, and the day we saw each other in Home Depot while still pregnant picking out paint for our nurseries!

McKenna is sad Annabelle isn't in her class. I'm sure she'll be looking for her on the playground!

Kelli said...

I am happy to report that Anabelle's first true day of Kindergarten went very well today! Before going to bed tonight, she told me that today was the greatest day ever! :)

It turns out that her friend Vanessa who she went to preschool with for the last two years is in her class, so I was so relieved that she knew at least one person in her class.

Mrs., It is crazy how fast the last five years have went by. I do remember those same moments that you commented on....does not even seem like that long ago! I wish McKenna was in Anabelle's class because they get along great together! Anabelle told me that McKenna's friend wouldn't play with McKenna outside today, so Anabelle said that her and McKenna played together. :) My best friend Stacy (Tommy and Sarah's daughter in law) told me tonight that McKenna was telling her that she played with Anabelle today. :)

The Mrs. said...

McKenna has had a great time playing with Annabelle. It certainly eases a mom's worries to know she's playing with someone as sweet and kind as your Belle! :)