Sunday, June 15, 2008

1st Beach Day of the Year

With yesterday being such a nice day, I decided to take the kids to the beach. This would be the first time that we've been to the beach this year. I loaded the Jeep up with all the beach toys, sunscreen, blanket, towels, snacks, water, extra clothes, and of course my camera, and we headed out about 12:30...with the top down. The kids just love it...and so do I!

A couple of my friends were at the beach too, so it was nice to catch up with them.

Anabelle got a little scared of some seaweed. She thought it was alive. I told her that it is just like grass, but beach grass, and then she was okay with it. Brady became infactuated with Jamie's son's foam water gun, which I will be trying to hunt one down this week (and a beach chair!).

After we left the beach, we went to our friends' campsite to return the foam water gun and to visit with my friend, Alicia. After staying there for awhile, I told the kids that we would go to McDonald's. As we left the club, the kids crashed. They were out! (See pic below) They were sleeping so soundly that I figured McDonald's was out of the picture, so I just went home. When I pulled into the garage, the kids woke up, and Anabelle got a pouty face and almost started to cry because she realized that we were home and not at McDonald's. So...we left home and went to McDonald's.

When we got to McDonald's, there was a teenage boy sitting off to the side. He had obviously dyed his hair green. Brady went up to him and said, "You have green hair." The young man replied, "Yeh." It was so funny! I was cracking up inside. You just never know what kids will say and when!

Here are some pictures of our fun day!







They were out!

3 comments:

melissa said...

i love that picture of them sleeping! too cute!

Jackie said...

ditto what Melissa wrote!! that picture is priceless!! All cute pictures of course.....but the one sums up the great day and fun they had at the beach.....
love you all....xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I can't believe kids can sleep like that. My boys do it too and I can't believe their necks and backs don't hurt for the next week.