Monday, November 2, 2009

Anabelle - The Cheerleader

About a month ago, Anabelle brought home her first Kindergarten project. Her teacher sent each student home with a 3 ft cut out of a body on paper. They were to make this cut out body look like themselves. The day that Anabelle brought hers home, she took it out of her bookbag and was ready to start coloring on it. Good thing Jason walked through the door when he did because he made me realize that this was probably supposed to be a big project that we were supposed to help her with. He was right. I found the paper that explained what we were supposed to do. The parents were supposed to help their child with it and have fun. Ideas she gave was to get buttons to make the clotes look real or use real clothes to put on it, blow up a picture of him/her for their face, etc. I was thinking oh no! This is gonna take some time! The project wasn't due for 2-3 weeks. Good thing Anabelle has her daddy to help her with the big projects because I don't think her mommy would do as good of a job as her daddy does. :)

Meet Anabelle...the cheerleader! :)

She has pom poms, Nike cheerleading shoes with shoe laces, UnderArmor name brand cheerleading outfit, etc....all decked out in her school colors.

Anabelle and Jason had a lot of fun with this project. I have designated him as the "project parent". I will just stick to the easy day to day stuff. :)

It was nice to see all of her classmates and her "persons" displayed in the hallway for Parent-Teacher conferences. I'm thinking this project is a keeper. :)


2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I saw Annabelle (the 2-d version anyway) hanging in the hallway when I was at school for parent-teacher conferences. They did a fantastic job! What a cute idea.

Kelli said...

Thanks Mrs.! :) I'm glad Jason was all over it...lol! How is Shortcake's homework load? Anabelle has homework everyday, but I do it with her on the weekends to make the week nights not as busy. I hope Anabelle and Shortcake can be in class together soon! :)