Saturday, March 6, 2010

8 Years and Counting

Last week, I celebrated by 8 year work anniversary. I can't believe it has already been that long! I started working at my job pre-marriage and pre-kids....life was sure different back then, but I wouldn't have it any other way now. Right after college, I started working as an accountant for a moving company. My commute was waaaayyy too long, and I knew that my next job would definitely be much closer to the house. After about a year of working there, my good college friend, Jill, let me know that her new company she started working for had a job opening for an accountant. I quickly updated my resume and went in for a couple of interviews and it was history after that...and eight years later, I'm still there and don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

There are so many things that I like about my job...the people, the commute, the atmosphere, the benefits, the flexibility when my kids are sick, the fact that we are still busy in these hard economic times, etc. One thing that I am not too fond about is the vulture who cannot be decent around food. Slurping the fruit out of the ladle is a little much for me.

I am glad that I chose to be a working mom. It can be a bit overwhelming at times, but I think that it has benefited my kids in many ways...they have play dates every day, they learn A LOT, they are very outgoing, their immune systems are building, they get to be in many activities/sports, they get to go on vacations that many kids may not have the chance to go on, they are provided for very well, etc. If I was a stay at home mom, I don't think they would have the opportunities that they do now. They sure wouldn't be able to go to work with their daddy for "Bring Your Kid to Work Day". Anabelle LOVED coming with me to work last year, and this year Brady will be able to join us...fun fun!! :)

The next few months should be interesting at work as there are a lot of changes taking place. Not to mention...within the next few weeks we should be learning of our raises and bonuses! :)

Next week, I just need to push that second box of candy bars a little harder that I am selling at work for Belle's cheerleading fundraiser. :)

No comments: