Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Scramble

Tonight, after having my parent/teacher conference and picking up the kids, we headed off to the Easter Scramble. It is crazy chaos, but this year seemed to flow better than in years past. Upon our arrival, we waited in line for the kids to see the Easter Bunny...for the fourth time this year! :) After waiting in line for about 15 minutes, it was announced that the 0-3 year olds were going to have their "scramble". I quickly had a "green sash girl" hold my spot in line while the kids and I ventured over to the other side of the gym. (great idea this year for the "green sash girls" by the way!!) After the kids heard "Go", it was a mad dash after the Easter eggs that were scattered all over the gym! It was chaos! Kids and parents were everywhere!

See my video clip:




After the kids were done, we made our way back to our spot in line. The kids did much better at collecting eggs this time than they did at the Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday as you can see from their Easter baskets. They did another fine job of smiling for their picture with the Easter Bunny! Last year, at this same event, Brady wanted NOTHING to do with the Easter Bunny...don't even have a picture of him with the Easter Bunny, and Anabelle's picture was of her crying into her Easter basket. Each year it just gets so much easier...and this year I didn't need a stroller. But, there was a trade off...with my son being newly potty trained, I just prayed to god that during this whole 20 minute excursion that I wouldn't hear the words, "Mommy, I have to go potty." He waited until we got back to Krissy's house. Good job Brady!











Brady is Easter Bunnied OUT!!


Anabelle is still on a sugar high I'm sure! :)

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

How funny, Kelli. I had no idea Annabelle and Brady were so close to us during the hunt. Chaos is the perfect word to describe it! I'm glad you had it on video - I was so busy trying to keep track of both girls that it was fun to watch again.

And I hear you on the mid-hunt potty trip. We had just gotten into line to visit the Easter Bunny when Shortcake started doing the "potty dance". Luckily we made it back before the Easter egg hunt started!

Kelli said...

I didn't know that you guys were so close to us either until I watched the video clip. I even had Punkin bumping heads with that little boy on video! :)

Jackie said...

awww....that was fun to watch! Brady just looks so "easy going"...just taking it easy collecting his eggs....while everyone else was "scrambling"...hee..hee..
love you!