Thursday, January 1, 2009

Our First Family Vacation

It has almost been two weeks now that we have been home from vacation. We took our first family vacation to Sanibel Island, Florida. We stayed at Casa Ybel, which was a really nice resort. We had an excellent time and wonderful weather. It was sunny and 80 everyday. I even got a tan! When we came home on the 21st, we were greeted with an ice storm that had just taken place a couple of days prior, and the day we got home it was 30 below zero with the windchill....talk about a HUGE difference!

We got to see and do a lot of different things. We saw a couple get married on the beach at our resort, and then the next day we saw a couple get engaged with a plane flying overhead that read "Claudia, Will You Marry Me?" at our resort. We collected lots of nice shells, saw beautiful sunsets, hung out at the pool, took a lot of walks on the different beaches, made sandcastles, visited the Shell Museum, took a tram tour at the Darling Wildlife Refuge, went to some really nice places to eat...my favorite was the Mucky Duck, had excellent shakes from "Cheeburger Cheeburger", saw an alligator at our resort, shopped the souveneir shops...It was a week of no work, no cooking, no laundry, no worries...one that we will NEVER forget!

The kids were ecstatic to get back home to all of their toys. I think they played with every single one of them when we got home. Brady was so excited that he shouted "I am so happy"! It was funny. We all had such a wonderful time on vacation...I am already looking to plan our next one!

Click to play Our 1st Family Vacation
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli, that slide show is awesome! I loved it. You all looked like you had such a good time! I'm glad the weather was perfect while you were here. I know you'll be back. :-) I'll link your trip report and show to my blog for a while.

Jackie said...

That was GREAT!!!! You guys had such a NICE time...and I can't believe all the shells!!! And great tans!! Everytime I saw that toy aligator of Brady's I thought it was REAL! The pictures of Brady remind me sooooo much of Jason at that age....and our trip to Florida...especially the one of him "chillin" in the chair!! The pictures of Anabelle with her tan and suit and were soooooooooo cute!! she has such a pretty smile! Great job on the sandcastles and especially the aligator....wow!! and how cute Brady still has his grammie blankie.....:) They for sure had fun filled days...:) Great memories!! thanks for sharing
love you all....xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

A said...

Hi,I found your blog though Tootie,I must say that was perfect!!! Loved the gator that you all made too. So many shells & th estarfish,pretty cool. The kids are beautiful & you could see they had a blast!!!
Alice

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

You have a beautiful family! It's so nice to see kids who obviously get along with each other. And your trip looked amazing. Will this become an annual trek?? I noticed the Bears tee-shirt - are you from Chicago? So am I!

Kelli said...

busybee2, thanks for checking out my blog. We had a wonderful time in Sanibel and will definitely be back. Wonderful memories were made! We are from Chicago too! I bet you have been busy with the snow plowing...we've had alot!

Jacque said...

I found your blog through Sanibel Toot...We just visited as well. I love love love your photos!

Anonymous said...

Okay let's see if I do it right this time....I tried to leave a comment yesterday...guess it didn't work:( I loved all the pictures you took!! You guys looked like you had such a good time!! I loved all the "chillin" pics!! And poor Brady he was wore out everynight!! AWWW... All the sandcastles you guys made were cool and awesoem gater!! You really got some cool pics of the sunsets TOO!!! I'm soo...jealous i was stuck here in the freezing cold!! BRRRR...It looked like a really fun "1st" family vaca!!!

Stacy (your sista):)