Monday, April 27, 2009

Week of the Young Child

Last week was Week of the Young Child at the kids' school. Each day, there was a different activity, which included Face Painting Day, Bring Your Pet to School Day, Earth Day, Visitor Day, and Balloon Release Day.

On face painting day, Anabelle, of course, got a unicorn painted on her face, and Brady got an alien. By the time, I picked the kids up, Brady had already wiped his painting off of his face. Anabelle still had hers though and loved to show it off at gymnastics. Since Brady had already wiped his off, I wasn't able to see it, but the way he described it, I was able to get a good visual...so funny! Their teacher was so nice to email me the pics below...





Since we don't have any pets besides Sea Monkeys (didn't want them to get spilled :)), the kids got to bring in a stuffed animal. Brady brought in his iguana, and Anabelle picked out the puppy dog that her Grandma Frost got her last year when she got her tonsils and adenoids removed. Their teacher was so nice to email me the pics below as well...



Earth day was celebrated by the kids wearing green, bringing in recycables, and talking about the Earth. Anabelle wore her new t-shirt that I just bought her at the Children's Place. The all green shirt has a clover on it and a saying that said "Lucky to be Me!". She has never really worn green, and I was surprised to see how cute she looked in the color...suits her very well! Brady wore his Sanibel Island green t-shirt that has a skeleton face and bones on the front that glow in the dark...super cool! The kids were sent home with a packet of wildflower seeds to be planted in the yard.

Visitor day was a day that they didn't really participate in as they had no visitor. Anabelle was upset that she didn't get to bring her mommy in, but I told her that I would be there next time. Muffins with Mom (for Mother's Day) is just right around the corner! :)

Balloon Release Day was on Friday. The director had most of the balloons all ready to go Thursday night, but when I dropped the kids off Friday morning, most of those balloons were all on the floor...helium didn't last. So....needless to say, the director was busy with balloons Friday morning! Brady was asking her what had happened to all of the balloons. :)

Each day as we left, the kids were able to pick out a different kind of snack each day, including cookies, fruit snacks, goldfish crackers...etc. On cookie day, the kids were loaded up with as much as they could hold...and mommy grabbed a few too!

We are looking forward to next month's activities...which include our baby girl graduating from pre-school....I may have to bring a few tissues for that! :(

3 comments:

Aunt Nicole said...

My poor babies on visitor day! :( I hope their heart was not broken! I just love them so much!

Aunt Nicole said...

Sea Monkeys? Come on Kelli! They need a real pet so you can bitch about it like I bitch about Snoopy every day!!!!lol

Kelli said...

I think I'll pass on the dog Nicole...we already tried that once...didn't work out so well! LOL! After hearing all of the Snoopy stories, I doubt I'll EVER want a dog!! That dog is like having 5 dogs! LOL! You got your hands full with that one! :)