Saturday, August 16, 2008

Anabelle's 1st Soccer Game

This morning was Anabelle's first soccer game. It was against her "boyfriend" Ashton's team. I started getting things ready an hour before the game so I wouldn't be running late, but of course I got there only a few minutes before the game started when they were supposed to be there 15 minutes early. Oops! Anabelle was complaining that her tummy was hurting so I mader her sit on the toilet for awhile, but no luck. So, we headed out and all of a sudden her tummy felt better.

I was on the road when my cell phone rang. It was Jason asking where the heck I was because Anabelle's team was on the field getting ready. I was shocked to hear that he was there because he was supposed to be at work. He totally surprised me and the kids! He left work to see our little girl's first soccer game....awww!

Then as we set our chairs up and sat down, my brother Danny, sister-in-law Sharon, and nephew Drake showed up. I couldn't believe it! The kids and I were so happy! Jason had kept it a secret from me that Danny and him were coming to the game. What a nice surprise!!

We were all cheering Anabelle on. She did pretty good for her first game, but her team lost...1-2. There is always next time! :) After the game, all of the kids on her team got a snack bag of two types of snacks and a juice box, so they were all happy. My turn to do snack bags is Sept 6th, so that will be fun.

After the game, all of the parents received their fundraiser box of candy to sell, so our box will be going to work with Jason on Monday before I start to get in it!




3 comments:

Jackie said...

awwww....what a nice surprise....hopefully grammie (and papa) can get to one of her games....how fun....she looks so cute in her soccer uniform.....:)
love you all...

Anonymous said...

there must be some good goaltenders in your area. in benny's first game there must have been 20 goals. Did Anabelle get a turn at goaly?

Kelli said...

tlk...there were some good little goalies. Anabelle hasn't played goaly yet though. It is so fun to watch all the little kids run around! 20 goals??? Geez! That is crazy!!