Sunday, August 10, 2008

Soccer Has Started

Back in April, I signed Anabelle up for soccer. The next few months after that we tried getting her pumped up about playing soccer, but she wasn't into it and told us that she didn't want to play soccer. I didn't know how she was going to be for the first practice, which was this past Tuesday night.

As usual, I was running late for the first practice, and Brady wouldn't get out of the car. I had to call Jason at work to have him talk to Brady and that worked. There were many teams on the field, so it was an obstacle trying to find Anabelle's team. I walked past about five teams asking if this was Anabelle's team before I found the right one. I was a sweaty mess. It was one of the hottest days of the year.

Once we found her team, her coach, Julie, took Anabelle over to where her team was practicing. She toted with her her pink soccer water bottle that mommy had bought her. To my surprise, she loved the game!! I was so excited. She had so much fun!

When the kids were done with practice, the coach treated the kids to popsicles. After we left, I took the kids to Dairy Queen for some ice cream. I promised Anabelle that once she got her tonsils out that I would take her and never did, so I followed up on my promise. It was a perfect night for ice cream!

The next practice was Thursday, so that day I went to MC Sports and bought Anabelle some girly pink and black soccer shoes, a pink soccer ball, pink shinguards, and pink socks. I also stopped by Target and found Brady a spiderman soccer ball. When I got home to show them everything, they were so excited. Then it was time to get ready for the second practice. The weather that night was much more pleasant and had a nice breeze. Anabelle couldn't wait to get there. She loves playing and loves to take breaks for a drink out of her pink cup.

The only bad thing about the practice field is that there are only two port-a-potties that are ALL THE WAY across the field. Brady brought along his new Spiderman bottle filled with juice and he had to go potty about three times. After the first time of walking all the way to the port-a-john, I thought the heck with this. (He's kind of a slow walker! :)) So, the next time he needed to go potty, I took him over to our car that was just steps away, opened the passenger door, and let him go potty on the street. I know...I know...probably not the best thing to do, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Jason hasn't been getting to the practice field until later because of working so much, so a mommy's gotta do what a mommy's got to do!!

There are a couple of people that we know that are on Anabelle's team so that makes it nice. One of the parents asked me if Anabelle was in ballet or something because she just seems to be so graceful. When Jason showed up that night, he laughed at me and asked what the heck Anabelle was wearing and that this is supposed to be soccer. She had purple shorts and a purple shirt on and pink soccer socks. I told him that is what she wanted to wear! :) She is our little girly girl.

After practice got over that night, the kids played at the park with some of the other kids, and then I took them to McDonald's for dinner. It is starting off to be a great season! She's already asking me everyday if she has soccer.

Today, we have soccer pictures!

Here are some pics from last Thursday...her second practice....(she is the one in purple and pink)









Crazy Brady on the sidelines!



Anabelle with her Daddy

Anabelle, Daddy, and Brady

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Benny is already done with soccer. It was his first season and i thought i should share one golden rule i learned on about the second night of practice. DO NOT BE THE MOST VOCAL PARENT! Trust me, you will look like a psyco and all the other parents will talk about you being a psyco. At least that's what Renee and I did.

Jackie said...

Awwww.....she looks so cute in her pink & black soccer shoes...and pretty hair bow!!!! I can hardly wait to watch her play.....and cheer her on.....TLK nothing about grammies being vocal!!!!
YEA ANABELLE!!!!!!!!
love you all.....