Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ears Pierced 1 Year Ago

Tonight, I noticed that one of Anabelle's earrings were broke. One of the hearts came out of the prongs. So, I switched her earrings to her "diamond" ones. It got me thinking of when we had her ears pierced. It was Sunday, February 18, 2007...almost exactly a year ago. All that weekend I kept thinking that it would be a good time to take the plunge and get her ears pierced. She was two almost going to be three in a few months, so I thought it would be a good time. So, the four of us headed to the mall with all intentions of getting her ears pierced. She was excited but didn't understand that it came with a little pain. We headed to Claire's, and there was a line of little girls waiting to get their ears pierced. After watching two little sisters, probably about 18 months old and 4 years old, get their ears pierced, Jason took Brady out of Claire's. He told me that if I wanted to get Anabelle's ears pierced that I would have to do it by myself because he didn't want to see Anabelle go through what those little girls did. A few minutes went by, and Anabelle and I left Claire's too. I was thinking how can I put her through that?? We walked around the mall for about an hour pondering on whether or not we should go back. As we were walking, we passed by the two little girls that we saw getting their ears pierced. They were fine...all happy and eating ice cream with their pretty little earrings. We decided to go back to Claire's and get the job done.

We waited in line for a little bit. I picked out what kind of earrings that I wanted for her starters. They were pink flowers with a "diamond" center. I signed the waiver so if anything happened you couldn't go back to the account of Claire's...geez...that was a little scary! It was just a couple of piercings! What could possibley happen? Anabelle got in the chair and was all excited. The lady marked on her ear of where the earrings would go. Then, the "guns" were placed on each ear and CLICK....DONE...SILENCE..THEN...CRYING AND ALLIGATOR TEARS OH MY!! I quickly got her down from the chair and hugged her trying to comfort her telling it was okay and to look at her pretty new earrings. They gave her a green sucker for being such a big girl, and of course, mommy had to buy her something. She picked out a couple of flavored chapsticks, which was the start of the CHAPSTICK QUEEN.

Every once in awhile I'll ask Anabelle what happened when she got her ears pierced, and she will hold her hands out in front of her in a fist and say "CLICK". Then, I will ask her what they gave her, and she always remembers that it was a GREEN sucker. I also ask her what did mommy buy you when you got your ears pierced...her answer, "Chocolate Chapstick." In fact, I just asked her a couple of days ago, and she gave me the same responses. Man does she have a good memory or what...or maybe it was just such a memorable experience. I am just glad to have it done because I think the older she would have got the harder it would have been to get her in there to get it done!

No comments: